J. Eric Gentry – Compassion Fatigue Prevention & Resiliency: Fitness for the Frontline
- J. Eric Gentry, Ph.D., D.A.A.E.T.S.
- 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Aug 03, 2013
This seminar recording has been identified by hundreds of professionals as life changing, essential and exhilarating. Join Dr. J. Eric Gentry, an internationally-recognized leader in the study and treatment of compassion fatigue for state-of-the-art training that integrates the latest research and practical wisdom to help you reclaim the satisfaction, hope and inspiration of professional caregiving.
For the past 30 years research has been steadily accumulating to demonstrate that caring has its costs. We now know that working with others who suffer pain, depression, abuse and trauma has negative effects for the caregiver—many of which are potentially debilitating. Attend this seminar and learn powerful tools that are critical elements of professional resiliency and integrate them into your practice immediately.
- Say goodbye to job-related stress
- Why self-care isn’t enough – the secrets of compassion resiliency
- Evidence-based resiliency training for caregiving professionals
- Learn the 5 critical elements of professional resiliency
- Powerful tools to immediately integrate into your practice
Opening Exercise – A Message from Viktor Frankl
COMPASSION FATIGUE ETIOLOGY & SYMPTOMS
- Tools for Hope: Stress = Perceived Threat
- Perceived Threat
- The Body, Brain & Autonomous Nervous System
- Sympathetic vs. Parasympathetic Dominance
- Compassion Fatigue Didactic
- Caregiver Secondary Traumatic Stress: Causes, Prevention & Cure
- Burnout: Causes, Prevention & Cure
COMPASSION FATIGUE RESILIENCY SKILLS
- The Covenant
- Didactic: Breaching Integrity & Sympathetic Dominance
- Instruction: Physiological Intervention for shifting from Sympathetic to Parasympathetic dominance
J. Eric Gentry, Ph.D., D.A.A.E.T.S., is an internationally recognized leader in the study and treatment of traumatic stress and compassion fatigue. His Ph.D. is from Florida State University, where he studied with Professor Charles Figley – a pioneer of these two fields. In 1997, he co-developed the Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue-the world’s only evidence-based treatment protocol for compassion fatigue. In 1998, he introduced the Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist Training and Compassion Fatigue Prevention & Resiliency Training. These two trainings have demonstrated treatment effectiveness for the symptoms of compassion fatigue, and he published these effects in several journals. He has trained over 100,000 health professionals over the past 20 years.
He is the co-author of Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization and Recovery-a critically acclaimed text on the treatment of traumatic stress. He is also the author of the groundbreaking Forward-Facing® Trauma Therapy: Healing the Moral Wound. He is the co-author of Forward-Facing® Professional Resilience: Resolution and Prevention of Burnout, Toxic stress and Compassion Fatigue, Unlocking the Keys to Human Resilience, and Transformative Care: A Trauma-Focused Approach to Caregiving.
Financial: J. Eric Gentry receives compensation as Owner of Compassion Unlimited. He receives royalties as an author for Hogrefo & Huber Publishing. Dr. Gentry receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: J. Eric Gentry has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.site.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!
5 reviews for J. Eric Gentry – Compassion Fatigue Prevention & Resiliency: Fitness for the Frontline
There are no reviews yet.