- Topic Areas:
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 1990
- James Bugental, PhD | Mary Goulding, MSW
- 56 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 14, 1990
- Given a topic, to become aware of the differing approaches to psychotherapy, and to identify the strengths and weaknesses in each approach.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
James Bugental, PhD, was one of the predominant theorists and advocates of the Existential-Humanistic Therapy movement. He received his Ph.D. from Ohio State University in 1948, was named a Fellow of the American Psychological Association in 1955, and was the first recipient of the APA’s Division of Humanistic Psychology’s Rollo May Award. James devoted himself to teaching and writing; he was also an Emeritus Professor, Saybrook Institute, and an Emeritus Clinical Lecturer (formerly Associate Clinical Professor), Department of Psychiatry, Stanford University Medical School. In 1987, he was the recipient of the first annual Rollo May Award of the Mentor Society “for contributions to the literary pursuit,” and in 1986, he received a certificate “in recognition of the distinguished contribution to the discipline of Clinical Psychology” from the Division of Clinical Psychology, American Psychological Association. He was a past president of the Association for Humanisitic Psychology and served on the editorial boards of eight professional journals. Bugental has written 150 articles, reviews, comments, and chapters in books edited by others.
Mary Goulding, MSW, is one of the leading exponents of Transactional Analysis. Along with her husband Robert Goulding, she developed an approach called Redecision therapy which synthesizes Transactional Analysis and Gestalt. Together they founded the Western Institute for Group and Family Therapy in Watsonville, California, and co-authored two professional books about their approach. There is also an edited volume about the Redecision model. Mary has served as a member of the Board of Trustees of the International Transactional Analysis Association and is a Teaching Member of that organization. Her M.S.W. was granted in 1960 from the School of Social Welfare, University of California, Berkeley.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.site.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!