- Topic Areas:
- Topical Panel | Couples Therapy
- Couples Conference | Couples Conference 2017
- Janina Fisher, PhD | Martha Kauppi, MS MFT | Rick Miller, MSW
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Apr 02, 2017
Relational boundaries can be a source of problems if they are too inflexible or if they are too weak. Clinicians need a method to assess and treat boundary issues.
● Describe couples boundaries in operational terms.
● Given a couple, indicate the boundary style most common in its use.
● Provide an example of each boundary type.
Janina Fisher, PhD is a licensed Clinical Psychologist and Instructor at the Trauma Center, an outpatient clinic and research center founded by Bessel van der Kolk. Known for her expertise as both a therapist and consultant, she is also past president of the New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation, an EMDR International Association Credit Provider, a faculty member of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, and a former Instructor, Harvard Medical School. Dr. Fisher has been an invited speaker at the Cape Cod Institute, Harvard Medical School Conference Series, the EMDR International Association Annual Conference, University of Wisconsin, University of Westminster in London, the Psychotraumatology Institute of Europe, and the Esalen Institute. Dr. Fisher lectures and teaches nationally and internationally on topics related to the integration of research and treatment and how to introduce these newer trauma treatment paradigms in traditional therapeutic approaches.
Martha Kauppi believes that relationships (with yourself, your family, your partner, your culture, your community) form the context for life and provide some of the richest material for both joy and struggle. Improving any of our relationships improves every aspect of life. She is skilled in relationship, family, and couple counselor, and love working with people who are addressing family relationship challenges, improving couple communication, or exploring improved intimate connection.
Rick Miller, MSW, is a clinical social worker in private practice in Boston and on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. He is the author of Unwrapped: Integrative Therapy with Gay Men… the Gift of Presence (2015). Rick has served on numerous national and international faculties, including the International Society of Hypnosis, the Brief Therapy Conference, the American Group Psychotherapy Association, and Harvard Medical School.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.site.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!